Memories of my late paternal grandfather

                                           Memories of my late paternal grandfather


The name of my late paternal grandfather is Bhugeshwar Dutta, born during the world war 2 period in Assam's Dhakuakhana gaon on the 16th of August 1942. He had a very hard childhood as his father who was my great late paternal grandfather died very early when he was only 5 years old and left with his only mother. He studied till class 10 in Dhakuakhana and then got a degree in Political Science at the Lakhimpur college which was not far away from Dhakuakhana. He then got interested in politics and joined the Communist Party in India, and by joining the Communist he when to foreign countries for important meetings he told me that he went to countries like Russia in his 20s or 30s before he married grandmother whose name was Sasimai Dutta in her birthplace Machkhowa. Then grandmother had my uncle whose name Bhagat Lal Dutta on the 19th of September 1977 and then she had my father Ajoy Lal Dutta was born on the 3rd of May 1981 the names were given by grandpa who has given names of freedom fighters Bhagat Singh as Bhagat Lal Dutta and Ajoy Ghosh as Ajoy Lal Dutta. And also grandpa had a younger sister who was married in Lakhimpur and she expired before grandpa because of sickness the day before she expired we went to her house and she asked me to give her water as she was sick and bedridden, so I gave her water to drink, and the day we were returning she expired so it was like a miracle because the day after I gave her the water to drink she was free from the sickness and pain that she was suffering in, and her name is Tuladoi Dutta. Between the 1970s to 1980's grandfather also went to Germany's capital Berlin. Most of the time grandfather was busy with politics and not at home, but sometimes visited father, uncle, and grandma. It was difficult for grandma in teaching her both sons alone in Dhemji where they lived, and as they were living in a small town or gaon father and uncle had to cultivate crops, take care of the cows, and carry paddy all way home from the farm walking and also that time the family's financial condition was not very good but they did not give up and kept trying. My father studied from class 1 to 4 at Nalinipam LP School, class 5  to 7 at Dhemaji Town ME School,8 to 10 at Dhemaji Boys High Secondary School, and 11 and 12 at Dhemaji College. Then he went to the Assam Engineering College at Guwahati and he finished a degree B.E also known as Bachelor in Engineering and then he completed more things and got a job in ONGC also and at first he was in offshore in Mumbai or Bombay with my mom then I was born on 18th of October 2012 and then my younger brother was born on 17th of March 2016 but before that my paternal Grandfather who I called lovingly as ' Baba Koka ' the word Baba is a nickname that I gave to him and Koka means grandfather in Assamese, lived with us in Mumbai and when I was little like 2 or 3 years old I used to walk and go around the colony and do many things and spend time with my loving Grandfather as at that time his legs were not broken because on 8th of July 2015 in Guwahati while he was traveling in a bus he met with an accident because the bus crashed and Grandfather's legs were broken when I was only 2 and half years old after that incident he had to walk with walkers and needed support and also because he was 72 years old. And also after that incident, he stayed bedridden in Guwahati with my Uncle, Aunty, and my Cousin till 2018 July in July of 2018 we brought Grandfather to Jorhat our home and we he stayed there with us then also he was very weak and in sickness but he recovered sometimes and when he lived with us he stayed in the bed which was in the living room in the house and he used to ask me and my younger brother Pablu to do small things such as give him his glasses, give him a glass of water, bring the tv remote to him and also he was still interested in politics as he was a good leader and member of the Indian Communist Party so he wanted to see news and read the newspaper every day early in the morning. And one more thing that his voice was so caring, wise and old but he never scolded us and also he was a very nice and polite man and I also go to know about him a lot by searching about him on google and got to know that his name was also known as Comrade Bhugeswar Dutta a very good social activist in the Communist Party and also was a great social worker in Ujani Jalbhari known as Dhakuakhana his birthplace who helped the needy people by developing the area between Pachim Dhakuakhana which was undeveloped during his young days, he established many primary and secondary schools for better education in his birthplace and hometown and that later he became interested in leftish ideology and his field of work expanded statewide after he had joined the Communist Party of India. He also rendered his service to the community and the Communist Party of India as the General Secretary of the Assam State Committee. He was adorned and acknowledged by common people for his altruism and benevolent attitude and honesty and after reading these whole things I was surprised that the man who was very weak and was bedridden and could not get a glass of water these days was in before days was such a hero and a brave person, I give my salute to him now as I could not give him before because of his sickness he again went to Guwahati and on the night of  14th April he took his last breath because of his illness, I was very sad that I could not see him during his last breath and also never gave my salute and respect to him before. What a  nice man, and even I could not give him his thanks for all he had done for the people and his family.


By Aman Ajoy Dutta his beloved grandson 





































Comments